Saturday, October 30, 2010

Stunning hand painted wedding cakes

There's rarely a day that goes by that I can control my cake indulgence.  Not necessarily eating it, but browsing all the incredible cake masterpieces I see around the web.  Here are two great examples from Sugar, Sugar Creations. The first one, with the little handpainted birds, is just crying out for a cake topper.  The design is so exquisite that it would need something truly elegant and simple.

The second cake just takes my breath away.  The bold, pink flower painted on the side and wrapping around the top must have been incredibly difficult to do.  I would just want to stand back and stare.  I'll bet it looked amazing next to the bride and groom.

PS - I found these on a blog I just discovered recently, OMG I'm Getting Married.

No comments:

Post a Comment