Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Create your own cheap wedding cake topper

The people at Cheap-Chic-Weddings produced this video of how to cheaply decorate a simple wedding cake.  They say it only cost them around $40 and serves around 70 people.

I have to say that I have a slightly different attitude.  While I love buttercream, I prefer the look of fondant when it comes to creating a simple elegant look on a cake.  With a little practice and the right ingredients you can create something similar to what was in this video, but much more professional looking.  Just cover the cake layers in white or other color fondant.  You can get the ingredients you need online from www.globalsugarart.com.  If my 14 year old daughter can do it, so can you.  She made a gorgeous fondant cake for my birthday last year and it was her first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment